Monday Challenge of the Week: SLEEP!
This Week, I’m Challenging YOU to Get Your ZZZ’s!
We ALL know how important a good night’s sleep is, so why is it then, that we always put off going to bed until we do that â€œone last thingâ€, or â€œwatch until the next commercialâ€?
We have so much to do each day, but the truth is, we would be SO much more productive if we all actually got enough sleep!
There are a TON of reasons why getting enough sleep is so important. Here are just a fewâ€¦.
1. Did you know that around 80% of your HGH (Human Growth Hormone) is released while you are sleeping? HGH is a VERY important hormone in maintaining a healthy body weight because it controls metabolism, cell growth and repair, and regulates your lean body mass to fat ratio.
2. Lack of sleep will also cause an increase in a hormone called CORTISOL, which will not only prevent you from LOSING weight, but it can also cause you to GAIN WEIGHT! Not something any of us want.
3. When you sleep, your body is repairing and restoring itself. Cutting this time short will not only delay this process, but cause you to be lethargic, irritable, and emotional.
4. Lack of sleep is also associated with impaired memory, slowed speech, lack of ambition, lack of focus and a host of other lovely things.
Because over 40% of us suffer from a chronic lack of sleep, this week’s challenge is for you to â€Get Your ZZZ’s!â€
Your Challenge: To get 7-8 hours of UNINTERRUPTED sleep EVERY NIGHT this week.
Here are a few things that will help:
1. Set a bedtime for yourself and STICK to it- even if you are NOT tired.
2. Turn off all electronics (TV’s, phones, iPads, etc) at least 30-60 minutes before you go to bed.
3. Stay away from caffeine after around 3 pm.
4. Make sure you have complete darkness in your bedroom.
5. Write your To-Do List DOWN at night. Write down a list of EVERYTHING you need to get done the next day before you go to sleep at night. This way, you won’t have to think about it because it’s down on paper, and you can get to sleep knowing that it’s on your list and you won’t forget it.
6. Make it a Priority! (if you do- you will be AMAZED at how great you will feel at the end of the week!)
Make sure to leave a comment below if you ACCEPT this Challenge!!! Good luck & get some rest!
Latest posts by Curd Hos (see all)
- The #1 Secret you need to know to succeed… - September 26, 2017
- Silverback Blueprint Podcast Episode 001 Rebuilding - July 25, 2017
- The Silverback Blueprint Podcast Episode #10 – VIDEO - July 19, 2017